A Field & Stream Best of the Best: 2012 Hunting Gear Award Winner.
"Originally designed for mountaineers...this jacket was refined for hunters with the addition of a fleece-lined collar, a water-repellant coating, and durable Cordura overlays. The stretch panels flex when you do, whether mounting a rifle or scaling cliffs."
As seen in MensJournal.com
"Despite its sub-one-pound weight (this jacket) is warm, too: In open fields and on city streets, its goose down insulation laughs in the face of punishing wind gusts, and its lightweight body is ideal for layering against the elements."
This unique jacket was derived from the patent-pending down layer in our First Ascent™ line of technical apparel, with narrow horizontal quilting for mid-weight warmth.
- 40-denier ripstop nylon shell with durable Cordura® nylon overlay
- 800 fill Premium European Goose Down;
- Unique narrow horizontal and vertical quilting in a sophisticated pattern keeps mid-weight warmth close to the body
- Stretch panels allow for freedom of movement
- Zip handwarmer pockets
- StormRepel® DWR finish beads moisture so it rolls off rather than soaks in
- Machine wash
- Performance Fit
- This fit is designed for hunting and shooting and allows unrestricted arm movement—both up and forward—while reducing bulk. If you prefer a closer fit with enough room to layer over a lighter shirt or sweater, please order one size down.
The primary goal of our Sport Shop sizing is to achieve both freedom of movement and exceptional end use function. Our engineered patterns allow unrestricted arm movement—both up and forward. Through extensive field testing we have discovered that this performance fit maximizes the wearing experience when hunting and shooting. If you prefer a closer fit with enough room to layer over a lighter shirt or sweater, please order one size down.